July 2016 – Overview of the Year So Far
Without a doubt, the past few months have been exciting at Everlink. Our team has made every effort to communicate the status of the conversion of numerous credit unions, regularly announce new product enhancements and launches, and provide engaging and informative webinars – the Everlink Solutions Series. As a result, we made the decision to provide less frequent editions of this, our corporate newsletter, for the interim.
Six months ago, we promised notable payments innovations and enhancements were in store for 2016, and our team has been hard at work to ensure delivery. With that said, below is a summary of what has been successfully delivered and what is planned for each of our lines of business for the months to come.
PAYMENT NETWORK GATEWAY
Delivered: Successfully completed conversions of Valley First and Island Savings (both divisions of First West Credit Union), G&F Financial Group and Williams Lake and District Credit Union.
Planned: 15 more BC and Ontario credit unions are scheduled to convert to Everlink by the end of 2016.
CARD SERVICES & FRAUD MANAGEMENT
• 30 new credit unions on-boarded, all issuing Interac Flash® cards.
• Partnered with Connect First Credit Union to deliver customized DebitWear™ – a contactless-only, debit card form factor that uses EMV and Near Field Communications (NFC) technology – to Connect First’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) in March. DebitWear™ bands and active mini-tags facilitate small value, contactless purchases anywhere Interac Flash® is accepted.
• Introduced a state-of-the art, real-time, fraud management system (ACI PRM) designed to strengthen and protect the relationship you have with your members/customers.
• Everlink has been proudly selected by the LCUC to build and play a critical role in the launch of Mobile Pay – yet another credit union first in Canada! With the majority of Everlink credit union clients issuing Interac Flash® cards, we are all very well positioned to introduce this latest payment innovation, bringing further convenience to your members and highlighting the technical leadership that has become synonymous with the credit union system in Canada.
• Pilot and launch of Instant Credit Card Issuance in partnership with Collabria and Sunova Credit Union, providing Sunova’s member services staff with the ability to instantly issue personalized MasterCard® credit cards. This will remove the wait time currently experienced by approved applicants and eliminate the need to mail sensitive information. Also, this is a great opportunity to restate our announcement that Everlink’s new, next-generation, Instant Card Issuance (ICI) service is set to launch this fall. Sunova has been a fully deployed instant debit card issuance client since the initial launch of ICI in 2012, and will once again be an early adopter of the next-gen ICI solution later this year, becoming the first credit union to offer instant credit card issuance in addition to instant debit card issuance.
ATM MANAGED SERVICES
• Successfully launched the ATM Express program with a number of credit unions across the country (even including a mobile unit!).
• Successfully completed the migration of ATMs to Windows 7.
• Expanded network certified hardware by adding the Diebold Series 7700 ATM model.
• Successfully introduced ATM Express program at CWB at multiple site locations.
• Extended the Everlink ATM Express program to include NCR ATMs, allowing for full turn-key solution of hardware and Managed Services for NCR.
• Additional AMS & ATM Express features expansions.
• Refresh of Sunova Credit Union’s entire ATM fleet with the latest Diebold technology supporting ATM Express enhanced capabilities.
• Refreshed Everlink’s Merchant Acquiring Program with a number of new and innovative small-to-medium business solutions, designed to attract new commercial customers and grow this segment within your organization.
• Expansion of PIN Change capabilities to include both short and long range wireless technology enabled terminals.
•Completed the installation of 850 ATMs in partnership with Stanley and Manulife Bank.
• Working with Square to enable debit acceptance in Canada.
• Partnering with Interac, Everlink played a critical role in the launch of the Interac® Token Service Provider (TSP) solution providing a vital component in the framework for mobile payments in Canada, including the introduction of Apple Pay (Everlink provides the interface between the Interac Member Network and the Interac® TSP for all Interac mobile transactions conducted).
• Further deliveries with the LCUC for additional credit union mobile payments solutions.
• Further deliveries with Interac to facilitate additional mobile payments schemes.
EVERLINK CONNECTIONS – PAYMENTS GO MOBILE
Mark your calendars for Everlink’s renowned and well attended Connections conference taking place Oct. 17 – 18, 2016, with the theme: Payments Go Mobile. The payments landscape has been changing at a rapid pace over the past several years with web based, NFC and mobile wallets emerging as the new – and in many cases – preferred payments methods. Join us to gain insight into how Everlink and its payments partners are implementing these latest technologies in the Canadian market and how they are being designed to work within the technology and business strategy of financial institutions. Registration is limited to 150 delegates, so we encourage that you register quickly to secure a spot. Those who register by July 8th will be eligible for the early bird draw, where 3 winners will be selected to receive a complimentary night’s stay at the Hilton Hotel during the conference. Register today at www.everlink.ca/connections2016. For organizations looking to sponsor the event, please contact Priya Rampat at Priya.Rampat@everlink.ca or 905-943-0335 for details.
On a final note, as our commitment to client-centricity is at the forefront of what we do every day, we are conducting a brief mid-year survey to ensure that your business priorities are being addressed. I encourage you to take 10 minutes of your time today to provide us with your feedback by completing the survey here: Everlink Mid-Year Client Satisfaction Survey. All of us at Everlink are continually looking for new and better ways to serve you and your members/customers. On behalf of the entire Everlink team, we look forward to hearing from you.
Have a great summer!
President & CEO
Everlink Payment Services