June 2016 – Overview of The Year so Far
Without a doubt, the past few months have been exciting at Everlink. Our team has made consistent efforts in communicating the status of the conversion of numerous credit unions, regularly announcing new product enhancements and launches, and providing engaging and informative webinars – the Everlink Solutions Series. Due to this, we have made the decision to provide less frequent editions of this, our corporate newsletter, for the interim unless the need dictates otherwise.
Six months ago, we promised notable payments innovations and enhancements in store for 2016 and our team has been hard at work to ensure delivery. With that said, below is a summary of what has been successfully delivered and what is planned for each of our lines of business for the months to come.
PAYMENT NETWORK GATEWAY
Delivered: Completed conversion of Valley First and Island Savings, both divisions of First West Credit Union, G&F Financial Services and Williams Lake and District Credit Union.
Planned: 15 credit unions are scheduled to convert to Everlink by the end of 2016.
CARD SERVICES & FRAUD MANAGEMENT
• 30 new customers onboarded, all issuing Interact Flash® cards.
• Partnered with Connect First Credit Union to bring customized DebitWear™ – a contactless-only, debit card form factor that uses EMV and Near Field Communications (NFC) technology – to Connect First’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) in March. DebitWear™ bands and active mini-tags facilitate small value purchases anywhere Interac Flash™ is accepted.
• Launched and integration project for Everlink’s Lock‘N’ Block™ solution into Central 1’s MemberDirect offering.
• Launched a state-of-the art real-time fraud management system designed to strengthen and protect the relationship with your members and customers.
• Everlink has been proudly selected by the LCUC to build and play a critical role in the launch of Mobile Pay – yet another credit union first in Canada! With the majority of our credit union clients issuing Interac Flash® cards, we are all very well positioned to introduce this latest payment innovation bringing further convenience to your members and highlighting the technical leadership that has become synonymous with the credit union system in Canada. Stay tuned for the official launch in the coming weeks!
• Pilot and launch of Instant Credit Card Issuance in partnership with Collabria and Sunova Credit Union, bringing their staff the ability to instantly issue personalized MasterCard® credit cards. This will remove the wait time currently experienced by approved applicants and eliminate the need to mail sensitive information. The new Instant Card Issuance (ICI) service is set to launch this fall.
ATM MANAGED SERVICES
• Successfully launched ATM Express program with a number of credit unions across the country (even a mobile unit!).
• Completed the migration of ATMs to Windows 7.
• Expanded network certified hardware by adding the Diebold Series 7700 ATM model.
• Created ATM Express program for NCR ATMs, allowing for full turn-key solution of hardware and Managed Services for NCR.
• AMS & ATM Express features expansions .
• Refresh of Sunova Credit Union’s entire ATM fleet with the latest Diebold technology supporting ATM Express enhanced capabilities.
Merchant Acquiring Program
• Refreshed Everlink’s Merchant Acquiring Program with a number of new and innovative small-to-medium business solutions, therefore increasing the ability to attract and grow this segment within your organization through a new revenue stream.
• Expansion of PIN Change capabilities to include both short and long range wireless technology enabled terminals.
• Exclusive partnership (details to come).
• Partnering with Interac, Everlink played a critical role in the launch of Interac’s TSP solution providing the framework for mobile payments in Canada.
• Further deliveries with the LCUC for credit union mobile payments solutions.
EVERLINK CONNECTIONS – PAYMENTS GO MOBILE
Mark your calendars for Everlink’s well renowned and attended Connections conference taking place Oct. 17 – 18, 2016, with the theme: Payments Go Mobile. The payments landscape has been changing at a rapid pace over the past several years with web based, NFC and mobile wallets emerging as the new – and in many cases – preferred payments methods. Join us to gain insight into how Everlink and it payments partners are implementing these latest technologies in the Canadian market and how they are being designed to work within the technology and business strategy of financial institutions. Registration is limited to 150 delegates, so we encourage that you register quickly to secure a spot. Those who register by July 8th will be eligible for the early bird draw, where 3 winners will be selected to receive a complimentary night’s stay at the Hilton Hotel during the conference. Register today at www.everlink.ca/connections2016. For organizations looking to sponsor the event, please contact Priya Rampat at Priya.Rampat@everlink.ca or 905-943-0335 for details.
On a final note, as our commitment to client-centricity is at the forefront of what we do every day, we are conducting a brief mid-year survey to ensure that your preferences and priorities are being addressed. I encourage you to take 10 minutes of your time today to provide us with your feedback by completing the survey here: (INSERT LINK). At Everlink we are continually looking for new and better ways to serve you and your members and customers. On behalf of our entire team, we look forward to hearing from you!
President & CEO
Everlink Payment Services